Boise Solar Battery Backups
Keeping Your Home Powered
Solar energy systems are great at producing clean power during daylight hours. However, at night, you might have to switch to the traditional power grid—unless you have a battery backup system!
Magic Solar would be happy to talk to you about the best way to add a battery backup system for your Boise home. With our experts on the job, you can improve your solar energy system with a battery backup in less time than you might expect.
Get your Boise home ready for around-the-clock power. Call (208) 266-3258 now.
What Does a Solar Battery Backup Do?
Solar battery backups are aptly named because that’s just what they are: large battery banks hooked up to a solar energy system. When the solar panels absorb and generates more electricity than your home needs, the battery backup will store the excess. If there is an interruption in the power supplied by the solar energy system – such as during the night – the battery backup system will activate and provide power for as long as possible. In many cases, the power stored in the solar battery backup will be enough to last until the sun rises and the main system takes over again.
Three important benefits of a solar battery backup system are:
- Emergency power: If the power goes out at any time, such as during a rolling blackout or a scheduled brownout, which are frequent in some areas of Boise, then the solar battery backup system can turn on and make sure your home still has power in an emergency.
- Lowered energy costs: Using the solar energy system and attached battery backup, you can plan your household’s energy consumption to rely on the city’s energy grid as little as possible, potentially dropping your utility bills.
- Cloudy day security: Even though modern solar energy systems can still produce energy during an overcast day, energy production can drop noticeably on particularly cloudy days. With a battery backup, you can maintain optimal power for a longer period of the day.
What to Consider About Solar Battery Backups
Should you get a solar battery backup for your Boise home? We think every solar energy system owner should! But there are still a few things you should consider before you jump to the decision.
Two considerations before getting a solar battery backup are:
- Grid dependence: It might be possible to go some days using your solar energy system and battery backup without needing to use electricity from the Boise grid. However, there will likely still be days that you do need the grid for some electricity, so we don’t advise that you arrange t be removed from the grid the day after you get a solar energy system.
- Installation costs: Solar battery backups require special controllers, inverters, and other equipment to function safely. As a result, the installation cost might be more than installing a traditional solar energy system. We keep our prices competitive, though, and make sure you know that you’re getting a fair value for our work and the equipment.
Call Our Certified LG Chem RESU Installers Today
Magic Solar is proud to be a certified installer for the LG Chem RESU, one of the most popular lithium-ion solar battery backups for residential properties. We trust this brand, make, and model for its reliability and efficiency, so we often recommend it. However, we can work with solar battery backups from many different reputable manufacturers, each offering premium technology and durable products. No matter the size of your Boise home, we are sure to find a solar battery backup system that works.
Call (208) 266-3258 to talk to our Boise solar battery backup technicians today.
Government Tax Incentives & Financing Options Available
We're Certified Solar Installers & Electricians
Our team can accommodate large & small jobs efficiently
We Provide Free No-obligation Estimates/Assessments